Dingwall house explosion leaves two men seriously ill in Inverness and Livingston hospitals
Get a digital copy of the Ross-shire Journal delivered straight to your inbox every week
Neighbours have spoken of their shock after a house exploded, blowing out windows in a residential property on Sunday evening.
Emergency service attended at the house, and two young men were rushed to hospital, from the property at 34 MacRae Crescent in Dingwall.
Both men, who are understood to rent the property from a family member, remain in hospital. One man is in a specialist burns unit in Livingston, the other in Raigmore Hospital where it is understood he is serious ill.
A fire service spokeswoman said: “We were alerted at 6.08pm on Sunday February 2 to reports of a fire within a residential property.
“Operations control mobilised two fire appliances to Macrae Crescent in Dingwall and firefighters extinguished the fire before leaving the scene at 7.24pm.”
One neighbour said: "There was a loud bang and then flames coming out of the house. Everyone is in shock. We just want the young men to get well and come back home."
A police presence remained at the property, as police and fire accident investigators forensically examined the end terrace two-floor home.
A police spokesman said no one had been charged in connection with the incident.
He continued: "The investigation is at an early stage and inquiries are ongoing.”