Hidden deep in the East Highland hills, GlenDronach Distillery has been quietly perfecting sherry wood maturation since 1826.
Our founder, James Allardice, built his distillery in the fertile landscape of the Forgue valley and named it 'GlenDronach', which means 'valley of the brambles' in Scots Gaelic. Here, he discovered the rich depths of sherry wood maturation, marrying Scottish spirit to Spanish oak.
Today, we focus on the marriage of Pedro Ximénez and Oloroso casks, but little has changed over the centuries. Our craftsmen use the same iron mash tun, wooden washbacks and saxophone copper pot stills as their forefathers did and we remain the Sherry Cask Connoisseurs.
The distillery offers a range of tours from a journey through our traditional methods, to an in-depth connoisseurs tasting. Limited managers cask bottlings are also available exclusively for purchase at the distillery.
To find out more information about the tours on offer and the times available, please visit our website.