POLICE are on the hunt for a pervert convicted of sex offences against children in Wester Ross. Northern Constabulary this week issued an appeal for information as to the whereabouts of Donald Ross (38), a registered sex offender who was jailed for two years for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys in Ullapool. Ross, who ran a disc golf club in the village, was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour in May 2007 and was sentenced to two years imprisonment with a two-year extension and supervision until 2011 in the community. He was released from prison on May 13, 2008, and had since been living in the Fort William area. However police said in a statement issued this week that it is believed he left his registered address on July 9 and that his current whereabouts are unknown. Ross is 58 tall, of stocky build with short grey receding hair. His left eye is blue and his right eye is grey and he wears wire-rimmed glasses. Any sightings of Ross should be reported to the police immediately on 01463 715555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police seek sex offender
- Captain Davies rescues point for County
- Police pesticide warning after death of dog in Muir of Ord area
- Police aim to raise awareness of hate crime and how to tackle it
- Uncertainty over planned £52 million school
- Kenny bangs the drum for County as fans urged to become '12th man'
- Ross-shire farm shop honesty box theft sparks police appeal
- Three in a row for Black Isle Stags
- Gairloch beach battle stepped up in water discharge wrangle
- Only way is up for Alness space explorers as students take national stage
- Farmers and crofters can go online to complete form