A CLOSING date has been set for the sale of a listed building which has played a major role in Dingwall’s story.
The former assessors’ office in Ferry Road, just around the corner from Ross County Football Club and next to the town’s former sheriff court, was put on the market by Highland Council at offers over £120,000.
It dates back to 1864.
The seven-room Category B listed building was originally built as a police station and has a colourful past given its proximity to the former court, once a bustling hub of the county town.
Highland Council has been attempting to consolidate a number of its functions in Dingwall under one roof for many years now and has declared a number of its properties surplus to requirements.
The assessor is responsible for assigning a value to properties for tax purposes.
The former office building is about half a mile from the town centre in a largely residential area with the Scottish Premiership side located around the corner at the Global Energy Stadium.
The particulars state that the seller “can give no warranty” as to the condition of the property with interested parties advised that “a comprehensive survey has not been carried out to determine the presence or otherwise, of hazardous materials”.
Offers close on April 9.