IN early May, I took myself off up to Ullapool to see if I could gather together some carers in the local area to find out how caring affects their lives and who supports them.
Published: Fri 24 Mar 2017
SOMETIMES I feel that in trying to tell you what life is like for people who look after someone who couldn't manage on their own, I end up presenting a picture of caring as a life of doom and gloom.
Published: Fri 30 Dec 2016
I'VE been very lucky this month.
Published: Mon 01 Aug 2016
IDENTITY. It's a difficult idea to really pin down when you think about it. Who are you, deep inside? I don't mean the "Who are ya?" that the football fans shout from the terraces, or the "Who do you think you are?" examination of your family tree.
Published: Sat 18 Jun 2016
EVERY week of the year seems to be named nowadays, doesn't it? A quick trawl of the internet reveals that May 30 to June 5 is National Barbecue Week.
- Council budget 2018-19
- Campaigining couple cut off as they try to help quake victims
- Radiologists from across the globe sought by NHS Highland
- Pupils set to be cyber crime fighters of the future
- 'Inappropriate conduct' claim against MSP's aide
- 'Tipsy' party girls to go on the run
- Budget briefing: service cuts, rises in charges and controversy aplenty
- Ross schools take a snow day as bad weather prompts a spate of closures
- Wester Ross search for missing man hampered by weather as brother's body found
- Police issue appeal for missing hillwalkers in Wester Ross