OCTOBER is one of the most colourful times of the year. Many flowers are still blooming and the leaves on trees and shrubs are beginning to change to fiery colours like red, yellow and orange.
Published: Wed 28 Jun 2017
JULY is the month of high summer and the garden comes alive during hot lazy afternoons to the sound of bees buzzing, gathering pollen from all the plants that you have lovingly nurtured and cared for that are now in full flower.
Published: Mon 12 Jun 2017
IN early May, I took myself off up to Ullapool to see if I could gather together some carers in the local area to find out how caring affects their lives and who supports them.
100 Years Ago From the Ross-shire Journal of Friday, October 19, 1917 ULLAPOOL Higher Grade Public School - The Macpherson medal for Gaelic, kindly presented to the school by Mr I. Macpherson, MP, Under Secretary of State for War, was won this year by Roderick Maclean, Leckmelm.
- MP pledge over the year ahead
- Invergordon hospital closed to new admissions following flu outbreak
- Alness teen's academic achievement is honoured
- Bakery plan will rise from the ashes
- Fifteen homes plan to be discussed in public
- Positive response after festive Ullapool battery snatch
- Rescue cub is 'otterly' adorable
- Ross-shire to pioneer 'fit home' trailblazer
- Mum tells of heartbreak after daughter's death
- Campaigners' fears over future of care facility after beds moved