POLICE are on the hunt for a pervert convicted of sex offences against children in Wester Ross. Northern Constabulary this week issued an appeal for information as to the whereabouts of Donald Ross (38), a registered sex offender who was jailed for two years for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys in Ullapool. Ross, who ran a disc golf club in the village, was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour in May 2007 and was sentenced to two years imprisonment with a two-year extension and supervision until 2011 in the community. He was released from prison on May 13, 2008, and had since been living in the Fort William area. However police said in a statement issued this week that it is believed he left his registered address on July 9 and that his current whereabouts are unknown. Ross is 58 tall, of stocky build with short grey receding hair. His left eye is blue and his right eye is grey and he wears wire-rimmed glasses. Any sightings of Ross should be reported to the police immediately on 01463 715555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police seek sex offender
- Staggies won't be fooled by Dons' dip in form, pledges young star
- Child airlifted to hospital after accident outside Highland school
- Another Scottish National Party MP comes under fire for his constituency office signs
- Iconic castle revamp 'should benefit the Highlands as a whole'
- Dingwall landmark seen in new light
- Wrap up warm and save council cash, workers told
- Crumbling Lochbroom church could be sold off
- 'Geographical challenges' overcome in £53m Ross power line revamp
- Evanton bridge work hailed as £175K contract is completed
- Highland Military Tattoo has canny Christmas shoppers in its sights!