POLICE are on the hunt for a pervert convicted of sex offences against children in Wester Ross. Northern Constabulary this week issued an appeal for information as to the whereabouts of Donald Ross (38), a registered sex offender who was jailed for two years for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys in Ullapool. Ross, who ran a disc golf club in the village, was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour in May 2007 and was sentenced to two years imprisonment with a two-year extension and supervision until 2011 in the community. He was released from prison on May 13, 2008, and had since been living in the Fort William area. However police said in a statement issued this week that it is believed he left his registered address on July 9 and that his current whereabouts are unknown. Ross is 58 tall, of stocky build with short grey receding hair. His left eye is blue and his right eye is grey and he wears wire-rimmed glasses. Any sightings of Ross should be reported to the police immediately on 01463 715555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police seek sex offender
- Ross MP describes 'lockdown' after suspected terror attack as FM hails bravery of emergency services
- Ross-shire broadband shocker prompts fresh calls for action
- Tain Dutch Elm disease warning as outbreak forces major road diversion
- Alness multicultural day is a real global affair
- 'Had a cough for three weeks? Don't delay in getting it checked out'
- Staggies' late show as Schalk makes point in Highland derby clash
- Contin wind farm community benefit panel invite to locals
- Black Isle mother issues live donor plea in kidney bid
- Ross-shire musician wins 'hottest newcomer' accolade with best friend
- Rua Reidh road row rumbles on as lighthouse owners stand firm on access move