POLICE are on the hunt for a pervert convicted of sex offences against children in Wester Ross. Northern Constabulary this week issued an appeal for information as to the whereabouts of Donald Ross (38), a registered sex offender who was jailed for two years for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys in Ullapool. Ross, who ran a disc golf club in the village, was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour in May 2007 and was sentenced to two years imprisonment with a two-year extension and supervision until 2011 in the community. He was released from prison on May 13, 2008, and had since been living in the Fort William area. However police said in a statement issued this week that it is believed he left his registered address on July 9 and that his current whereabouts are unknown. Ross is 58 tall, of stocky build with short grey receding hair. His left eye is blue and his right eye is grey and he wears wire-rimmed glasses. Any sightings of Ross should be reported to the police immediately on 01463 715555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police seek sex offender
- Culbokie man lodges complaint about "one-sided" info for wind farm ballot
- Highland capital 'kiss of death' claim over controversial restaurants scheme
- Stage is set for young Invergordon actors to strut their stuff
- Highland police concern for welfare of missing man
- Police appeal after Ross-shire scrap metal merchant break-in
- Invergordon man sets sail on new career
- Award-nominated Ross-shire sex health campaigner 'still going strong'
- Ross County make it three in a row as they dump Dundee in Dingwall
- Missing man poses 'high risk' to females, Highland police warn
- Woeful weather doesn't stop Evanton cyclists having wheely great time