POLICE are on the hunt for a pervert convicted of sex offences against children in Wester Ross. Northern Constabulary this week issued an appeal for information as to the whereabouts of Donald Ross (38), a registered sex offender who was jailed for two years for sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys in Ullapool. Ross, who ran a disc golf club in the village, was convicted of lewd, indecent and libidinous practices and behaviour in May 2007 and was sentenced to two years imprisonment with a two-year extension and supervision until 2011 in the community. He was released from prison on May 13, 2008, and had since been living in the Fort William area. However police said in a statement issued this week that it is believed he left his registered address on July 9 and that his current whereabouts are unknown. Ross is 58 tall, of stocky build with short grey receding hair. His left eye is blue and his right eye is grey and he wears wire-rimmed glasses. Any sightings of Ross should be reported to the police immediately on 01463 715555 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Police seek sex offender
- SNP lose Highland stranglehold after night of upset at 2017 General Election
- Contingency plan offers temporary cure for Cromarty health recruitment crisis
- Ross-shire fires under the spotlight at area committee
- Ross committee needs to be 'relevant and more powerful' declares new chair
- Challenges signalled ahead as NC500 adds £9m to Highland economy
- Ross-shire pupils make their mark at Inverness Provincial Mod
- Fernaig shepherd's cottage revamp triumphs at architect award bash
- Ross area councillors 'knew nothing' of £850k underspend available for road repairs
- Black Isle strings students hit the road and take a bow as tuition takes spotlight
- And the 2017 Rock Challenge Scottish Final winner is...Dingwall Academy!