THE search for a man missing from his home in the Tain area is set to enter its second day.
Northern Constabulary today issued a photograph of fifty-nine-year-old John William Scott who has not been seen since 8am on Thursday, when he left to go fishing.
The search for Mr Scott, of Tain's Scotsburn Road, has been centering on Alness, where he went fishing.
Police say they are continuing the search for Mr Scott who was last spotted fishing in the River Averon but has not been seen since.
Police, dog section, Coastguard, RNLI and a rescue helicopter have all been involved in the search.
John is described as being 6ft 1in and of large build.He has grey hair and a goatee beard.
Anyone who may have seen Mr Scott is urged to contact Police in Alness on 01349 882222.
Picture issued in search for missing Tain man
- Concerns over "bodily fluids" clean-ups in schools
- Broadcaster ducks independence issue at Highland business bash
- Highland firms eye renewable energy exhibition
- Best to last pledge as Tain silver project comes to an end
- Ross County's derby day delight as ICT dreams of Europe shattered
- Highland business week plan revealed
- County edge to derby day sell out
- Muir sets out its stall for the future
- Trio in Ross cliff drama winched to safety
- Ferintosh community market marks a milestone - with cake!