See more photos from our walk along the Moray coast between Cullen and Portknockie
A selection of photos from the Active Outdoors team during 2014 - as featured in our autumn/winter magazine.
Liz Campbell of Roseisle, near Elgin, was the winner of our competition to win a kayak and watersports bundle worth over £500.
The inauguaral Etape Loch Ness took place on Sunday, May 4th, 2014 - see a selection of photos from the event, including John Davidson's experience of the event, which will feature in Active Outdoors in our newspapers on Friday, 9th May.
The Active Outdoors team took on a grade one winter climb up Morrison's Gully on Beinn Eighe.
A selection of photos from the 'Fish Road' - an old drovers and merchants road between Little Garve and Aultguish, followed by a return cycle through Longart Forest.
Keep reading Active Outdoors every week to see what the team get up to in 2014! You can send your own photos and comments to email@example.com or tweet us @active_outdoors or visit facebook.com/activeoutdoors
A tough mountain biking outing through two famous Cairngorms glens - read more about them in our two-part feature in our newspapers and online.
IT was the Great Glen link that never was. The canal's there and the road's there, but the Invergarry to Fort Augustus railway, built between 1897 and 1903, made it no further than Fort Augustus and closed in 1946.
Get out and about this spring and summer with our latest Active Outdoors magazine.
To add your event to our listings for free, email firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details and a picture if you have one!
For details of how to advertise in our 2015 magazines, see the Active Outdoors media pack (opens as pdf document).
Tell us about your adventures and send us your comments, photos, letters and route suggestions.
Find routes across the Highlands and Moray with our regular articles.
Find out all about the team behind Active Outdoors and what they're up to...
- New Raigmore norovirus alert prompts plea to hospital visitors
- Inverness 'business as usual' message after fire as car parking charge slashed
- A82 re-opens after Highland road traffic accident
- 'We'll probe each and every child abuse report', pledges top cop
- Highland road closed after 'serious' road traffic accident
- Quad bike tumble sparks bright idea for Black Isle student
- Rosemarkie beauty spot's 'crocodile rock', 'dolphin mile' - and flower power!
- Healthy brains the name of the game at trailblazing Invergordon scheme
- Gardening guru helps sow seeds for Conon 'Men's Shed' scheme
- Celebrity visit throws spotlight on Loch Ness beauty spot
- 'Blind rage' Tain pensioner (80) struck wife with shooting stick
- Porsche driver in dock after 130mph Wester Ross speeding shocker
- MSP in arbitration appeal over harbour bid knock-back at Nigg yard
- Norovirus alert as Raigmore Hospital ward closed to new admissions
- On-loan County star Gardyne drops hint over future
- Alness gymnast reaches new heights with fresh success
- Body of missing hillwalker is found on Highland peak
- Ross-shire Reflections April 16, 2015
- 'Tweet wars' banker jibe as Ross General Election campaign hots up
- Ross County land three at home as post-split fixture list revealed